Social icons

Summer Lounging Favorites

Wednesday 16 May 2018


The end of the academic year is stressful for every student, whether you have papers to hand in, exams to pass, or decisions for next year to take. This year, I am facing all of those three situations, and it is not that easy. So during my two weeks break at home, before coming back for this last harsh month, I took my time and lounged around a lot. After a rough day outside, gardening until I died, I just went back into the cool air of the house and took the day off. Or after too many hours working on my thesis I just laid down under the trees to catch my breath. Lounging has then been one of my main activity, and I was happy with that. Spring has some Summery colors this year, and the hot temperatures combined to the urgent need for holidays made it even harder to work and to focus. 
Since this new lounging habit became a lovely routine, and will certainly stay one for the two Summer holidays months, I wanted to list you here my favorite lounging pieces, whether it is a pajama short or a picnic blanket. So here are my Summery lounging favorites.

Straw hat 🌺

This is a largely needed accessory when you decide to spend your afternoon lounging in the garden. It protects you from the sun, but obviously, is also jazzing up your style. I went for a Mango one because of its size, extremely big, protecting my also extremely fragile and porcelain skin, and because of its rather unique style, with those embroiled flowers. Both a lounging and a holiday must have accessory.
Flowers Straw Hat, Mango

Sunscreen 🌾

Since I spent a lot of time outside those past two weeks, and since the temperature reached 27 degrees celsius - not really normal for the season where I live - I had to protect my skin if I wanted to lounge in the sun. And the massive hat was not enough. So I purchased a rather fancy sunscreen, after seeing so many good reviews of this product: the Clinique Sun Protector, both for face and body. What I love about it is how not sticky it is, how light it feels on your skin, and how good of a protection it does offer. As I am a blond girl with blue eyes and very pale skin, I tend to burn real easily, yet with this sunscreen I've actually been able to get some colors without looking like a tomato! Definitely worth the money.
SPF 50 Sun Mineral Sunscreen Fluid for Face, Clinique
SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Body, Clinique

Kimono 🍃

When waking up in the morning, or after a cooling afternoon shower, I like to be comfortable. And what's best for that than a light and soft kimono? Zara Home is very good at loungewear, and I am the proud owner of quite a few pieces from them, but when I saw this little number I immediately knew this would be a piece I would spend a lot of time in. It is a little bit on the pricy side, however, worth the investment.
Floral Motif Kimono with Ruffled Sleeves, Zara Home

Pajama 🌷

This is an essential for lounging, perfect for your morning and evening lazy times. I once again turned to Zara Home for this piece, since I am a fervent lover of their loungewear collection. I paired a short, extremely comfy and soft, so light that it will never make you feel too hot on warm Summer nights, with one of their basic coton tee-shirt. This is by far my favorite combination to have breakfast in the sun.
Printed Shorts, Zara Home

Blanket 🌿

It is just so nice to lounge in the shade, sat in the grass with your kimono and your straw hat on, on a hot summer day. But the grass and its bugs are not always the comfiest, and this is where a lounging essential comes in to play: a blanket. Again, I turned to Zara Home, because I just love their linen collection. The one I choose is striped in grey and white, because for me strips scream Summer. The material and the pattern just make me feel like I am lost somewhere in Greece. And it is so comfy for a nap under the trees.
Two-Toned Striped Linen Blankets, Zara Home

For it to be perfect, I would add a nice summer read and a big pitcher of lemonade. Ready for Summer lounging ☀️

xo

Amy


Post a Comment